Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Don't Worry Bout a Thing...

So I've been a bit itchy lately. This isn't a "news flash" to you though, as I'm sure you've spoken to my foster parents along the way. Here's a picture of me trying to "shake it off". The itching drives me crazy!!
So when the shaking doesn't work, I just bite the "bajeebees" out of myself.
And if that doesn't work , I can always rely on scratching!... . AAAAAAHHHHHHHH!!!

But anyway, as you can see from the comparison of my previous "high five post", I've had some hair loss/skin issues. My foster mom says she won't post the "butt shot" however, so you'll have to request that in an email. :) It's really quite amazing the difference. I used to have a "beautiful butt", but it's been most recently deduced to a "monkey butt". Use your imagination!
Here's my paw. Scroll down to a previous post and you can see the difference (just in my feet!)
It's so sad! :(



But I've neglected you for too long, and now I must break my silence. I'm losing my hair. That's just the truth. I can deny it no longer. But I went to the vet this afternoon because of it. And first of all, let me just say that I HATE the vet! I began to tremble and whimper and actually jumped into my foster mom's lap at one point, in my stressful worry. I'm such a baby! But hey, I was thinking they were going to leave me there in one of those cages for an extended period of time, so I freaked out for a little bit. (Who wouldn't??) But once I figured out that wasn't going to happen, I settled down. Plus, they gave me treats!
So apparently I have some kind of allergy. Oh, and a skin fungus. But I got a bath in my new "spa shampoo" as my foster mom called it. (I think that's sarcasm) The shampoo has to stay on for 10 minutes, so she massaged me & told me stories of how it's really her that deserves to be massaged for 10 minutes in a warm bath, yada yada yada. Like I said... sarcasm.
Anyway, I'm doped up on 2 Benadryls twice a day until I'm better, and I got a fat Cortisone shot to help with the itching. So I hope to sleep well tonight!! I'm completely zombied out right now. Some might say "drugged" but I prefer "zombied". It sounds safer. :)

But hairy or hairless, I'm simply a sweetheart! (Obviously) I anticipate quite the custody battle when y'all return to the states. Or, if you want to keep it simple, (just between you & me) maybe y'all can just move in here and that would solve all the Tica problems! We could be one big happy family! :)
Well, for your enjoyment, here's me snuggling with foster dad after my bath time. It's FREEZING in this house, by the way. These crazies refuse to turn on the heat! So I must get under a wool blanket to warm my sad self when I'm wet and cold.
And just in case you're worried about my health, here's a couple of shots my foster mom thought would be good for your "peace of mind". You know, just in case you're envisioning a bald dog like that one they're offering to the Obama family these days. I'm not quite that bad.
Here's my sexy profile...
It's all so... *yaaaaawwn*...very boring.
Now... cue the Bob Marly "sad shot" so they let me go back to napping-n-such.
And now that we know how to manage my hair loss...with costly shampoos, allergy meds, a big shot, and a wig, I think we'll all rest a bit easier. I know I'm resting (as we speak) from all the drugs I've been administered today! :)
But I love you & I miss you so much!!!
Your little stinker,
Tica

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Aw, pobrecita Tica Lica! I'm sorry to hear about the skin fungus (eew, sorry about that!) But, the new medication seems to have given you lovely dreadlocks. I am happy to hear that you are still being sweet. I think your idea of us all being one happy family when we get back is a fantastic one. Your foster parents want roomies, right?

The Stinson Family said...

This is hilarious! Thank you for your funny self Tica. I have never known a funnier dog.

Abbey said...

Yes, indeed! My foster parents do want roomies! :) I've heard them say so many times.
Plus, won't you be homeless for awhile?