Wednesday, November 19, 2008

You Comin' to America? (A Pup's Lament)

Um, there's talk about another year in "the foreign country", which I know can't be true because you love and miss me too much! Plus I just can't accept it. It can't be true in Ticaland, "until I hear it from you" as the song says. Because I'm staying firmly in denial until you shoot straight with me.
With that being said, let's move on to more palatable news...

I just finished a photo shoot with my foster mom about "the United States of America" and how it's such a great place to reside with your family and good friends and everything. (Especially in the great state of Alabama.) Oh~ and this, by the way, is in no way connected to the news that you might be staying in "Chinese land" for another year. It's just a simple coincidence. That's all.

So let's see now... Is Alabama the pink state or the red one? Hhhmmm.....

Ah, yes! It's the lovely red one! And I can almost see you there, mom & dad, frolicking with me in the meadows...

What!? You know darn well that there are meadows in Alabama! OK, so maybe we never "frolicked" in them, so to speak, but they're here nonetheless. And we were here together once too, knowing full-well the frolicking potential in our minds of togetherness.

I guess I just miss you. You are so "non-redneckie" plus you saved me from the maggots of my youth. *sigh*....

So below is me just relaxing in the dreamy memories of all things "me & y'all" and Alabama. Well, and the Gores, of course, and all the fun times we had together with them and everything. I'm gonna have to agree with them here and say, "I guess the Taiwanese peeps got somethin we just can't compete with here in the states." Well, come home quickly and pet my sweet head. Oh, and hug and love on the foster parents too while you're here, because they're really kind of pathetic with how much they miss y'all. :)

Yeah, and this is me trying to figure out if ya'll are actually "playin" me or not...
Taiwan? Or America? Don't' be playin me M& D! Don't be playin'! I think you can tell by my expression that I expect the truth. Plus I got a boyfriend now and things are little crazy, so don't be playin'.
Either way, I love you more than any dog in the world ever could, (just in case you stay there and end up with some stupid dog to keep you company that doesn't even know a ball from a rope!)
But I still can't wait to see you in June! I shall wag my nub and lick your faces and Oh, Oh!!! I almost forgot!! I hear there's rumor of you staying here at the Gores' for the summer? That would be awesome! I could love & nuggle you all night without my foster dad saying (in his deep sleepy voice), "Tica! Go get in bed with the boys! Go on now." every time I move or sniff or scratch or fart. He's such a wimpy sleeper. Sheesh!
Anyway, me love you long time!
Your "little stinker",
Tica-Lica

2 comments:

Unknown said...

What a delightful photo shoot. I am glad that you have had a geography lesson :0). We miss you too and can't wait to nuggle wif you! We would love to stay with your foster parents, if they wouldn't mind :0) Give your foster momma extra kisses from me!

Abbey said...

Extra kisses given!! (especially after they picked me up from the vet today after boarding me for 3 nights while they vacationed in TN)
Oh but we shall get your room ready for June... yippeee!!