Sunday, August 24, 2008

"Chief" Inspector Forfleas

What do I hate more than anything in this world???? That's right... bath time! But I did get one today, much to my chagrin. My foster mom found me hiding (huddled up really close to Elliot in hopes that she wouldn't see me). But she saw me alright, scooped me up, plopped me in the tub, and dumped water on my head. She then said (in an obnoxiously cheerful voice), "Where'd Tica go?!" (Like she didn't know I was standing there with water dripping down my face). She then said that she thought I had been replaced by a skinny greyhound. (She's a strange one, mom & dad... really odd!) Here's the wet greyhound shot...

Now here is a humiliating picture of me with a mustache. My foster mom laughed as she twisted the "stache" into points and asked, "Does your dog bite?" in a bad french accent. She said you would appreciate that, mom. But I just thought it was plain ridiculous.

So I started in with my "pitiful shivering" and it worked! Even though the water was comfortably warm, she fell for it and hurried to get me finished so I wouldn't be "freezing". Then she let me out, dried me off and I proceeded to shake furiously all over the bathroom and the downstairs den. (And then up in the kitchen.) See??

Then I did the "spastic dance" all around the house while my new mom squealed with glee in a high pitched voice, "Aaaaw Tica!! Hers feels so good!!" And feeling as if I was pleasing everyone to the fullest extent (which seems to be what I live for) I ran up the stairs, then down the stairs then up the stairs, then down again. Then I came back up, did a few laps around the upstairs and went back down again. And let me just tell ya... It wore my ass out! So now I'm totally asleep on the sofa as my foster mom ticks away on the keys, turning around every once in awhile to say, "Aaawww, Tica!! Why you love me so much, huh?".
So bath time makes me crazy. You know that, but I thought I'd post a few pics of the event, just as a warm reminder of how lovely I am in everything that I do. Everyone here seemed to get into it... They were all cheering and giving me cookies as I SPAZZED OUT.
Oh, it's so good to be me. Need I say more??

This is me as "a wet rat" (from what I hear.) I think that's rude, as rats are disgusting, but I pose for the pictures when I'm told..

But in the end, everything is worth it because I get "cookies". And I get these when I go potty... do tricks... take baths or get haircuts. And I gotta say, I think you guys jipped me in the "cookie" department. But I don't hold it against you because I love you and I miss you. Plus I think I'm getting fat, but that's another blog...



I hope you are having a great time in Taiwan.

All my love & licks & snuggles,

Tica

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Aw! I'm sorry, Tica. We did jip you in the cookie department. You are never going to want to come back to us! Those pictures definitely reminded us of your craziness. Chris said that he could even smell your crazy wet dog smell. So good'n'stinky! :0)