Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy Squeaky Easter!!

This struggle is brought to you in the name of wishing you a very Happy Easter!!


Aahh. There we go. "Happy Easter"!! Is there anything you'd rather have than an Easter basket full of me?? I didn't think so.


And please don't miss the very convenient and oh-so Eastery cross in the background. Oh! And don't miss me praying either, "Dear Lord, please bring my mommy and daddy home soon. And help me to forgive them for staying another year in Taiwan. Amen."
Well now, don't go thinkin' just because we're Christians that we don't get a visit from the Easter Bunny! I got a new squeaky ball!! See??

And not just any ball, mind you. This one looks like a globe so I can "find you" while I'm playing and chewing. Actually, I don't have the slightest clue where you are on this ball (and neither does my foster mom if we're being honest) but I know you're not here and you're quite far across this blue and green squeaky sphere. It helps me think of you even so.
I wasn't sure what to think of it's shrill whining noise at first. So I ran away...

That thing scared the crap out of me! But after some encouragement and coaxing, it gained my trust. I am now one with the earth, so to speak. (On a side note, my foster mom was hoping this was Asia facing forward, but foster dad corrected her and said it was actually Africa, to which foster mom quickly replied that she loved Africa as much as Asia and "who really cares what continent was facing forward anyway"! Then she secretly wondered if Africa and Asia were continents or countries... because since she's had kids her brain feels like mush. Or mayonnaise.) But none of this is really the point.

The point is that I will be thinking of you in Taiwan while I play with my new ball over here in America! I can stop anytime and try to find you on my little globe and wish you home. I will be clicking my hairy little back feet together 3 times wishing you back to the Ham...

Don't ever forget that "Home is where your dog is"!
Happy Easter mom & dad! See you soon! (It's getting closer!!)

Love, Tica-Lica

2 comments:

Chris and Ashley said...

That was the best Easter basket I have ever seen! I am so happy that you endured the struggle and prayed so sweetly in your little basket. And, I am so proud that you are learning your geography! Maybe you can swim across the Pacific and come and see us. You'll have to let your foster mom know that we are in Taiwan and not Thailand, I would hate for her to book tickets to Bangkok instead of Taipei when they come to visit! :0)
You had better save some snuggles for me when we see you! It's less than two months now!

Abbey said...

Hahaha! Oopsie! I promise I haven't forgotten where you are! My foster PawPaw just got back from Thailand on Sat, so we had it on the brain. I'm off to fix that right away...